Park Slope Music Lessons has several positions available for part-time piano teachers.
We would consider vocal and other instruments, but you should have a basic familiarity with piano and basic technique.
About Park Slope Music Lessons
- We focus on working with young children ages, 3 1/2 and up, giving them the basics of music beginning at the piano keyboard. We use a unique non-traditional method called The Musicolor Method®.
- The position is ideal for someone who lives near to Park Slope, Brooklyn and can travel to student’s homes in the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Experience as a music teacher is NOT required.
- Pay ranges from $25–$40 per hour.
We’re looking for teachers who…
- At least 21 years of age
- love working with children
- are open to non-traditional approaches to teaching
- Able to commit to working with students from September 2016 thru June 2017
- are responsible
- are honest
- are looking to make the world a better place
- may have children or grand children of their own
- may be still in school
We are not looking for people who…
- don’t like change
- are impatient
- are not open to new ideas
- don’t enjoy being around or working with children
- are prone to using foul language
We have a unique method and approach that has led us to having a 2 year waiting list.
If you would like to apply, please note there are specific precautions required by the NYC Department of Education.
- You will be fingerprinted
- We will run a background check
- Applications reviewed -deadline August 31, 2016
- Finalists interviewed – background check & fingerprinting
- Training Begins September 8, 2016
- Placement with students
Please submit your name, email and your resume. Please tell us why you would make an excellent music teacher for children in our community.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]